• facebook

©2016 by Women For God. Proudly created with Wix.com

<-----Click adobe icon for printable copy 2019 Service

<-----Thank offering brochure 

Thank Offering Service Template: 

Women’s Ministries Service Template

Theme: Just Open the Door

Scripture: 2 Corinthians 5:16-21

Key Verses 2 Corinthians 5:20

“We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.”

 

Prelude:

 

Call to Worship: Psalm 71:14-18

As for me, I will always have hope;

    I will praise you more and more.

My mouth will tell of your righteous deeds,

    of your saving acts all day long—

    though I know not how to relate them all.

I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, Sovereign Lord;

    I will proclaim your righteous deeds, yours alone.

Since my youth, God, you have taught me,

    and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds.

Even when I am old and gray,

    do not forsake me, my God,

till I declare your power to the next generation,

    your mighty acts to all who are to come.

 

 

Songs of Praise:

 

A Thousand Generations - Brenton Brown

 

10,000 Reasons – Matt Redman

 

In Christ Alone – Keith Getty and Stuart Townend

 

What A Beautiful Name - Ben Fielding, Brooke Ligertwood

 

Great Are You Lord - David Leonard, Jason Ingram, Leslie Jordan

 

Give Me Jesus - C. S. Brown 

 

What a Friend We Have in Jesus - Joseph Scriven, Charles Crozat Converse 

 

Fill My Cup, Lord - Richard Blanchard

 

To God Be The Glory - Fanny Jane Crosby, William Howard Doane

 

Wonderful Grace of Jesus - Haldor Lillenas 

 

Prayer: 

 

Fellowship Greeting:

 

Thank Offering:

Provide an explanation of Thank Offering.

Thank Offering was started by Grace Pierson in 1952.  She encouraged women to be thankful for the daily blessings God gives to them.  As an act of thankful worship she asked the women to place a few coins in a Thank Offering Barrel as they prayed a prayer of thanksgiving.  The offering is then collected by the local Women’s Ministries groups the first Sunday in the month of May and will be sent to their regions Women’s Ministries treasurer.  Each region will designate how 40% of the collection will be distributed.  The remainder 60% will be sent to the Women’s Ministries national treasurer.  As of 2018 there has been over 1 million dollars given through the Thank Offering.  The CGWM has designated the following ministries be the recipients of the 60%.

 

Haiti Physical Therapy School – 35%

Winebrenner Seminary – 30%

India School for Girls – 20%

Venezuela Bible College – 15%

 

 

Song: (as Thank Offerings are presented)

 

Give Thanks with a Grateful Heart - Don Moen

 

Prayer of Blessing for the Thank Offering:

 

Lord, we come into your presence to thank you for the many blessings you have given to us though out the year. We pray that you would receive our offerings of thanksgiving. We ask that you would multiple this offering and give us wisdom to use it in a way that would glorify your kingdom. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.

 

Regular Offering: 

 

Prayer for the Body: 

 

Song before Message:

Speak, O Lord By Keith and Kristyn Getty

Ancient Words - Ronnie C. Jr. Freeman, Tony W. Wood

 

Scripture: 2 Corinthians 5:16-21

'So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God. God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.'

Message:

Closing Song: 

 

By Our Love - Christy Nockels (could show video)

 

Jesus Messiah -Chris Tomlin, Daniel Carson, Ed Cash, Jesse Reeves

 

God You’re So Good - Brooke Ligertwood, Scott Ligertwood, Kristian Stanfill, Brett Younker

 

I Love to Tell the Story - Katherine Hankey and Will Fischer

 

Postlude:

 

Additional Song Options:

Glory to His Name - E. A. Hoffman

I’d Rather Have Jesus

Yesterday, Today and Forever - Albert B. Simpson,

Nearer My God, To Thee

Revive Us Again - William P Mackary

I Feel Like Traveling On - William Hunter

Joy Unspeakable - Barney E. Warren

You Are My All in All - Dennis Jernigan

Whom Shall I Fear - Chris Tomlin, Ed Cash, Scott Cash

Indescribable - Jesse Reeves, Laura Story

My Victory - David Crowder

Trust in You - Lauren Daigle, Michael Farren, Paul Mabury

God is on the Move - Ian Eskelin, Mikey Howard, Cliff Williams, Tony Wood

Chain Breaker - Zach Williams